From PNB Graduate Handbook
Revision as of 10:09, 14 December 2020 by Khalesi (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Specific forms are required when you need to petition for special consideration, request course adjustments, request extensions, etc. Many requests require statements from the student, the student's supervisor, and the department Graduate Chair.
If any of the links below are broken, visit the SGS Resources (forms and policies) page to search for the specific form. Please also note that the main SGS Resources page has many additional forms and helpful links.

Request for Extension form

- request for an extension for Time to Completion (including final defence),
- request for an extension for your Comprehensive Examination,
- request for an extension for Visiting Scholars,
- request for an extension for Course Requirements (e.g. an INC until a certain date),
- other.
- This form is not to be used for any course-related changes except to extend the date for grade submission. Please use the Request for In-Program Adjustment Form for all other course changes.
- This form is not to be used for leaves of absence or annual supervisory committee meeting (please use the Petition for Special Consideration Form).
- This form is not to be used for academic accommodations related to a disability. Contact Student Accessibility Service for assistance.

In-Program Course Adjustments form

- request for transfer credit,
- request for transfer from one program to another,
- request for change in course designation (e.g. from required to extra credit),
- request to designate a course outside of one’s program in place of a required course,
- request to designate a course outside of one’s program as an elective course,
- request for Late Add/Drop of a course,
- other.

Petition for Special Consideration

- request a leave of absence that does NOT include pregnancy or parental leave (see also Leaves of Absence),
- petition for change in supervisor,
- request extension on annual supervisory meeting (rarely done; talk to your Graduate Chair),
- request deferred course examination,
- request waiver of adverse ruling or decision about academic performance for compelling medical, personal or family reasons,
- request adjustment in the timing of re-entry into program or to defend a thesis.
- request retroactive drop/add (if dropping/adding within current academic year, use the In-Program Course Adjustments form instead - linked above).

Parenting Leave form

- request a Pregnancy or Parenting Leave.

Application for Re-Admission

- students who have withdrawn in good standing may apply to defend or to continue in the program.

Masters Supervisory Report

- Supervisory Committee Meeting report for Masters level candidates

Audit Course Form

- Form for auditing graduate courses

PNB Plan of Study form

- Plan of study form for masters and PhD students

Administrative Forms PNB

- additional administrative forms that may of relevance to the department such as offer letter, contact and deposit form, etc.

RCT resources

- Forms relevant to the RCT stream including Practicum evaluations and program sanctioned hours