From PNB Graduate Handbook
Revision as of 17:54, 14 February 2019 by Shedden (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Specific forms are required when you need to petition for special consideration, request course adjustments, request extensions, etc. Many requests require statements from the student, the student's supervisor, and the department Graduate Chair.
If any of the links below are broken, visit the SGS Resources page to search for the specific form.

Request for Extension form

- request for an extension for Time to Completion (including final defence),
- request for an extension for your Comprehensive Examination,
- request for an extension for Visiting Scholars,
- request for an extension for Course Requirements (e.g. an INC until a certain date),
- other.
- This form is not to be used for any course-related changes except to extend the date for grade submission. Please use the Request for In-Program Adjustment Form for all other course changes.
- This form is not to be used for leaves of absence or annual supervisory committee meeting (please use the Petition for Special Consideration Form).
- This form is not to be used for academic accommodations related to a disability. Contact Student Accessibility Service for assistance.

In-Program Course Adjustments form

- request for transfer credit,
- request for transfer from one program to another,
- request for change in course designation (e.g. from required to extra credit),
- request to designate a course outside of one’s program in place of a required course,
- request to designate a course outside of one’s program as an elective course,
- request for Late Add/Drop of a course,
- other.

Petition for Special Consideration

- request a leave of absence that does NOT include pregnancy or parental leave (see also Leaves of Absence),
- request retroactive drop/add,
- petition for change in supervisor,
- request extension on annual supervisory meeting (rarely done; talk to your Graduate Chair),
- request deferred course examination,
- request waiver of adverse ruling or decision about academic performance for compelling medical, personal or family reasons,
- request adjustment in the timing of re-entry into program or to defend a thesis.

Parenting Leave form

- request a Pregnancy or Parenting Leave.