Thank you for your interest in our graduate program. The application process for the September 2018-2019 academic year is now closed. The application process for the September 2019-2020 academic year will open in October 2018, with a deadline of December 15, 2018. Applications are still considered after that date, but please be advised that sooner is better.
The Department believes that successful graduate training requires close collaboration between student and research director on a research project that is of interest to both. Applicants are therefore encouraged (though not required) to correspond directly with individual members of the faculty in whose research they may be interested. Faculty members are happy to provide applicants with reprints of recent publications and to discuss the opportunities available for research in their laboratories.
The McMaster Graduate Calendar is an important source of information.
Foreign students may enter Canada on student visas. Further information on how to obtain these visas may be requested from the nearest Canadian Consulate. We encourage foreign students to read our page for International Students.
Graduate Application Requirements
To help you understand the application requirements for our PNB graduate program, we advise you to first read carefully the general application requirements found on the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) How To Apply web page, especially the “Prepare your application” and “Application Instructions” tabs. Then check the points listed here for requirements that are specific to our PNB graduate program.
In addition to the requirements laid out by the School of Graduate Studies (How To Apply), PNB requires the following:
- A statement of interest in pursuing graduate studies in Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour in one or more of the following six areas:
- (1) Animal Behaviour
- (2) Systems & Behavioral Neuroscience
- (3) Cognition/Perception
- (4) Developmental Psychology
- (5) Evolution & Social Behaviour
- (6) Research & Clinical Training stream
- The statement should be one page in length, single spaced, with 12 pt font.
- Please list any research, teaching, or work experience that is related to the fields in which you are interested in working.
- Please list supervisors you wish to work with (no more than 3).
- Please indicate clearly if you are interested in applying to the Research & Clinical Training (RCT) stream.
- Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to submit scores for the Graduate Record Examination (General Test).
- If English is not your native language, please provide an official copy of your TOEFL score (please see the School of Graduate Studies How To Apply page for minimum scores).
To access the online application, visit: School of Graduate Studies “How to Apply”
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our Graduate Administrative Assistant, Nancy Riddell, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (905-525-9140 ext. 23298).